Cabbie Dreadlocks....not
Someone asked me if I'd ever tried one-color dreadlocks on a Cabbie. Well, I've done Kids with six or seven different fibers on their heads and ~called~ them dreads because that's how the internet said to do fake dreads. However, I'd never tried using wool roving and felting the strands to form dreadlocks.
Started with long loops:

I thought maybe the yarn didn't get steamy enough to felt so she went through the dishwasher.
Pretty sure that didn't solve the problem.
Started with long loops:
Cut the loops, then used hot water to felt the yarn.

I thought maybe the yarn didn't get steamy enough to felt so she went through the dishwasher.
Pretty sure that didn't solve the problem.
I think it's safe to say that even now I've not ~successfully~ done felted dreadlocks. Someone suggested that it would work better to use super-bulky yarn, but rooting the yarn when it's about the size of a pinky finger is, so far, eluding me.



Comments